7 April 2015

A LETTER FROM YOUR EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

BY: JAIME CLIFTON-ROSS

Dear Readers,

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you my final blog post for Musings. I became blog editor in the fall of 2013, and had little knowledge of web design and content development. However, I was determined to learn so I could transform Musings into what it is today. I spent the semester teaching myself CSS and developing a plan for the blog, with the help of Dr. Irina Mihalache. I convinced five of my friends in the program to join as contributing editors, because there was absolutely no way I could pull this off on my own. So just like that, the blog took off. I had no idea that so many people would later join and that the blog would become such a staple in the program. I also could not believe the level a readership that we reached.

Alexandra Jeffery, Brittney Sproule, Katherine Hannemann, Meaghan Dalby, Lauren Williams, and Jaime Clifton-Ross. The original Musings team.
The Original Musings Team!
First and foremost, I would like to thank Irina for seeing potential in me and for supporting this project every step of the way. She has always been our number one fan (along with Katya, of course!) and we could not have pulled this off without her love for Musings! I also want to thank Alexandra Jeffery, Brittney Sproule, Katherine Hannemann, Meaghan Dalby, and Lauren Williams for stepping up as the first contributing editors. Musings would not be what it is today without your fantastic writing and creative vision for each column! I would also like to thank all the wonderful writers who joined last summer and last fall. Your energy and enthusiasm helped grow our readership and solidify the blog as a vibrant and collaborative platform for museum research and practice. Thank-you to all the museums and heritage organizations that showed interest in our work and shared in our discussions. Finally, I would like to thank our loyal and supportive readers for your continued engagement. We appreciate you supporting us in our encounters with the world of museums!

As I conclude the Master of Museum Studies program, I feel optimistic and confident in the future of Musings. I would like to congratulate and also thank the new 2015/2016 Editor-in-Chief, Madeline Smolarz. I know that I am leaving Musings in capable hands and look forward to becoming a loyal reader.

I will leave you with this sweet and slightly cheesy song!


All the best in your future endeavours! I will miss you dearly!

Jaime <3

1 comment:

  1. Jaime, thank you for your leadership and vision throughout these two years of Musings, and for your wonderful and innovative posts. It has been a joy to write for -- and read -- Musings! What a special thing to be part of this blog that has gathered so much momentum in the last few months. I look forward to being a loyal reader of Musings for years to come and seeing where the blog heads in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.